This is an excellent Winter rice dish and very warming to the body.
ARABIAN ALMOND RICE
Servings: 4 people
- 300 Grams Brown Rice Long Grain
- 5 ml Vegetable Stock
- 0.5 Medium Red Onion chopped
- 5 ml Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Lemon grated rind
- 1.25 ml Cinnamon ground
- 1.25 ml Gloves ground
- 1.25 ml Cardamon ground
- 1.25 ml Turmeric ground
- 2.5 ml Black Pepper ground
- 1000 ml Water
- 125 Grams Almonds Cut lengthwise
- 30 ml Raisins Socked in water until soft
Cook Onion in Oil until soft.
Add spices and cook another 1 minute
Add water and vegetable stock, bring to the boil.
Add rice and cook on low heat for 40 minutes.
Add raisins towards the end of cooking.
Finally before serving, add almonds and grated lemon rind.
Excellent Winter dish with carrots and courgettes.