This soup is very flavoursome and warming with these spices.
Kumara and Carrot Soup
- 1 Medium Red Onion (Diced)
- 1 Small Green Chilli (Diced)
- 15 ml Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 5 ml Ground Cumin
- 5 ml Ground Coriander
- 2.5 ml Ground Turmeric
- 2 Large Carrots (Peeled and chopped)
- 3 Large Kumara (Peeled and chopped)
- 750 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 medium Lemon (Juiced)
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley (for garnish)
- 10 ml Cold Pressed Olive Oil (For saute onions)
- Heat Oil, saute onion till clear , chilli and ginger
- Add cumin, coriander and Turmeric and stir
- add carrot and kumera and toss well
- Add vegetable stock – bring to the boil and simmer 25 minutes
- Just before you remove from the heat – stir in the lemon juice.
- When served – garnish with fresh parsley.