Quinoa is a great nutritious salad and a nice change to using Bulghur Wheat.
The secret to cooking Quinoa is to soak it in Hot water for 5 plus minutes. Then rinse in cold water until the water coming from the Quinoa is clear. Now cook as you would rice. 1 cup quinoa will expand to 3 cups when cooked.
Servings: 4 people
- 250 ml Quinoa Mix White and Red
- 500 ml Water
- 3 Large Tomatoes chopped
- 250 ml Red Pepper chopped
- 125 ml Green Cucumber chopped
- 125 ml Spring Onions chopped
- 20 ml Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 125 ml Fresh Parsley chopped
- 65 ml Fresh Mint chopped
- 1 Medium Avocado chopped
- 1 Medium Lemon Juiced
- When the Quinoa has absorbed all the water it is ready.
- Combine all the ingredients together with the Quinoa.
- Garnish with some of the Parsley. Can be served hot or cold.
- Can be served hot or cold.