This soup is very flavoursome and warming with these spices.
Kumara and Carrot Soup
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Medium Red Onion Diced
- 1 Small Green Chilli Diced
- 15 ml Fresh Ginger grated
- 5 ml Ground Cumin
- 5 ml Ground Coriander
- 2.5 ml Ground Turmeric
- 2 Large Carrots Peeled and chopped
- 3 Large Kumara Peeled and chopped
- 750 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 medium Lemon Juiced
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley for garnish
- 10 ml Cold Pressed Olive Oil For saute onions
- Heat Oil, saute onion till clear , chilli and ginger
- Add cumin, coriander and Turmeric and stir
- add carrot and kumera and toss well
- Add vegetable stock - bring to the boil and simmer 25 minutes
- Just before you remove from the heat - stir in the lemon juice.
- When served - garnish with fresh parsley.