Did you know that cooking potatoes and then cooling them before you eat them lowers their GI, even if you later reheat them. Adding butter and cream also helps to lower their GI.
- 2 Kgs Agria Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 100 gms Butter cubed
- 250 ml Cream
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold salted water - bring to the boil and simmer until tender.
- Drain and mash with potato masher.
- I a small saucepan combine cream and butter and gently heat.
- return the potato to the heat and add butter/cream mixture, stirring until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Season with flake salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.