This casserole can be made up to a day ahead, keep covered in the fridge.
BLACK-EYED BEAN CASSEROLE
- 425 gms Black-eyed Beans Canned
- 425 gms Tomatoes - peeled Canned
- 1 Medium Red Onion chopped
- 1 glove garlic crushed
- 125 ml Tomato Paste
- 1 Green Pepper Chopped
- 750 ml Water
- 125 ml Fresh Parsley chopped
- 65 ml Fresh Basil chopped
- 500 gms Flesh Flat Mushrooms sliced
- 310 gms Corn Kernel Canned
- In a large saucepan, heat the red onion and garlic with some olive oil until onion is soft.
- Add Beans, undrained crushed tomatoes, tomato paste , pepper and water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cover. Let simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally - till the beans are tender.
- Add Parsley, Basil Corn and Mushrooms, mix well and simmer for a further 15 minutes.